Thursday, June 16, 2016

Plan for Quilt #4 and Antiquing Finds

Aren't quilters the BEST??  I sent out a plea for help with coming up with a quick and easy quilt pattern I could use with kelly green as the focus color and she wanted it to be girly.  I was told by several that kelly green is not very girly.  :)  Even so, I got three wonderful suggestions and the neatest thing is that I was already kind of considering one of the ideas that was sent me so that just confirmed it. Kate Swallows of Life in Pieces pointed me in the direction of this idea.  I'll be making a pattern called I Heart Chevrons by Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft.

Here is what I will be making:

Instead of reds and pinks, I will be doing the hearts in a variety of large scale floral prints by Kaffe Fasset and Amy Butler that feature a lot of greens, purples, pinks and blues.  The chevron rows will be green and purple.  I may decide to throw in one hot pink heart in there somewhere. We shall see!  The back will be this!


I have ordered all the fabric and I can't wait to get started!  My hubby's cousin, who is hiring me to do this, said I have free reign to do whatever I want.  She said to surprise her.  YIKES!!  I was not at all comfortable with that so made her look at my idea to make sure I wasn't way out in left field and she likes it.  Whew.

I've been admiring all the mini quilts that are being made out there and I haven't made any yet (but I will!) so until I can get some made, I have decided to use my wall space for rescued orphan stitched things.  During one of my lunch hours, I stopped by our local antique shop and found these two:


I thought that was kind of clever :) 

They both look like they are dirty or stained but that is just the glare off the glass.  Knowing how many hours it took to make these, I couldn't bear to just leave them homeless!

This one is perfect for my (future) sewing room.  Right now we are living with my husbands parents while we're waiting for our house to be finished.   We are remodeling a teeny tiny little house  into a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, not so teeny house and you will not believe the transformation!  I'll share that in a future post.

Hmm!  Maybe I will have time to make a mini quilt while I'm waiting for that new fabric to get here!


























This one, I didn't buy.  Maybe I should go back and get it?


Today, I'll be linking up to :
WOW = WIP's Wednesday
Needle and Thread Thursday

So glad you stopped by and hope you'll come again!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you came up with a great plan for the baby quilt. I'll look forward to seeing more of it. The embroidery pieces you found are cute, too. Good luck with that remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearts in green will be great! Looking forward to your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of your new quilt plan Janice. I will look forward to seeing it develop. Your stitcheries are lovely, I can see why you couldn't resist. I'm looking forward to seeing your new house, I hope you took before pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a gorgeous quilt in very fun fabrics. I love that paisley. Please note that the chevron and hearts pattern was designed by Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft. I just happened to have it copied on my Pinterest board. Glad I was able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric you ordered is fantastical Magical Mystery Tourical!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!