Saturday, December 30, 2017

2018 Planning Party

Yvonne at Quilting JetGirl is hosting a planning party for 2018.  I have not set any yearly quilty goals for myself before but I have found that I am much more productive when I do have a plan and a goal and a deadline.  

Tish at Tish's Adventures in Wonderland came up with specific definitions that I really liked for those unfinished projects.    Tish, thanks for helping me categorize!  Here is a short summary of how she defines things:

UFO (Unfinished Object):  Any finished quilt top that is waiting to be quilted.
WIP (Work in Progress):  Anything that has been cut and started
Kits:  Fabric purchased with a specific result in mind but not yet begun.

At this point in time, here are my UFO's:   I currently have seven. I will be listing my 2018 goals at the end of this summary of what I have going on.





Quilt made by Vicki, quilted by Jen Strauser and waiting to be bound by me!

Mom's 1-patch quilt partially quilted

Mom's gift box quilt


I have I have nine WIP's which are projects that have either had fabric either at least cut out or even some sewed together:

1.  Hedgehog pillow 

2.  Kenzi's pillow.  Will be made with the scraps left over from making her quilt
3.  Pretzel twist
4.  Western quilt

5.  Stash Bee quilt #1


#6 Stash bee quilt #2

















7.  On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt

8.  Geese Migration (only 3 blocks made)

9.  Leader/Ender project

Kits and quilts with fabric purchased:
Morgan's quilt
Dana's quilt
Sweet Dreams
Quilt Camp
All Purpose Tote
Autumn quilt
Floral and black Block of the Month
Boundless Layer Cake HST quilt

My goals for 2018 are:

1. Finish two things in each category by the end of 2018.  If I manage more than that, I will be VERY happy!  

2.  Finish a secret sewing project for an upcoming blog hop

3.  Participate in the Bee Inspired Stash Bee 

4.  Possibly do another Mini blog hop.

5.  Try to do at least 15 minutes of sewing each day (when I am home)

6.  Make a scrappy quilt using only old stash.

7.  Make a new ironing board cover.

I'm excited about getting going on my goals!  Having it written down is somehow motivating.  Good luck on your goals for 2018!


Linking to:
2018 Planning Party

10 comments:

  1. wow you have a lot of goals and a lot of quilts going on - good luck and hope you get done with all you want.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that writing down your goals helps you feel more motivated, that's wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing and linking up, and I hope you have a lot of quilting joy in 2018. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Janice! It is fun to see your Geese Migration Blocks again. You certainly have a lot of options to work on in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to work on my list -- it does keep me focused. Good luck with your goals. Here's to a great 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like broad goals for resolutions at the beginning of the year, but I like check lists like these to keep me organized! Knowing what needs done is half the battle sometimes! 😊 Have a happy new year and good luck tackling your list this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley's quilt is lovely and so is Cacey's - the woven effect is eye-catching. The hedgehog pillow is super cute. The Ringo Lake is coming along nicely but my favorite is the Stash Bee Quilt #1 - such a riot of color. Now, I will be watching you :-p and don't you slack off :-D Happy New Year and Big Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have an oversupply of quilt tops! Time to get 'em quilted, bound, and out the door! Keep the first of March open for working on the Migration Geese - I've marked my calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some very fun stuff in the works. Your goals for getting two done from each category seems doable (of course it always seems that way at the beginning of the year). Good luck with your 2018 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got a lot of beautiful projects in the works! Your goal sounds reasonable and fun....I'm thinking about goals this month, as well....we'll see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you the best on accomplishing your goals this year. I find planning is the easy part and the hard part is the execution part of the plan!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!