Saturday, December 30, 2017

Best of 2017

Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs is hosting a Best of 2017 Linky Party.  How you define "best" is up to you!


So here we go!

#1.  Most visited post of the year was the very first one of 2017 about my vintage quilt top given to me by my husbands sweet mama.  We don't know for sure who made it, but she thinks it was my hubby's great grandmother.  The biggest reason it was the most visited is because Wanda at Exuberant Color mentioned it after I asked her some questions about identifying the pattern.  That lady has a tremendous following! WOW!  So those visitation numbers were a little inflated.

#2
The REAL most visited post of 2017 was the  Quilters Laundry Day Mini Blog Hop Quilt Along that Jen Rosin and I hosted with over 1700 views.  Jen Rosin at A Dream and a Stitch was the designer and I was the organizer.   She designed the cutest pattern called A Quilters Laundry Day.  The pattern was provided free for quilt along participants but is available for purchase here from Craftsy.  You should try it!  It really was a fun easy make.  We provided the pattern and put the word out that anyone could participate that wanted to.  It was so fun anticipating how each quilter who volunteered would interpret Jen's design.   One quilter made a pillow, one appliqued her version, one made a baby quilt out of it, several made their quilts on the clothesline a 3D version.  Lots of fun creativity going on!  Here are the two that I made.  A day and night version.


Jen and I were so excited about the greats results of this QAL!  Click here to see a gallery of all the different creations.  I've even seen in a few other "Best of" posts that some of the participant's reveal post was their most viewed this year!  YAHOO!  We should be getting ready to do our third annual mini blog hop QAL very soon so stay tuned!  Let me know if you are interested in participating.  We had some nice giveaways too!

#3
My favorite post and also one with some of the  most comments (that didn't have a giveaway) was my biggest finish ever.  It was the first quilt bigger than a baby quilt that I ever completed.  As most of you know, I learned to piece years ago but just learned how to quilt in 2016.   So you can imagine how thrilled I was to finally finish a full size quilt from start to finish!  You can read about that finish here.

#4
One of my favorite posts was my reveal for a mini exchange that I did with Kate Heads at Smiles From Kate.   Here is the quirky mini I made for her, and the story behind my fabric and design choices can be found here.


I absolutely LOVE the mini she made for me!  
She is such a better seamstress than I am.

#5 
Mystery quilt.  This is the first year I have participated in a mystery quilt and I really enjoyed the slow pace of the one put on by Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs.  Here is my post about that.

So those are my five favorite quilty things about 2017.  Now I am going to enjoy going to read the top five of my fellow bloggers!

May you have a blessed and productive quilty New Year!
Linking to:


14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a very productive 2017 with all your beautiful quilts. Hoping 2018 is just as quilty! Happy New year. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember that necktie quilt! It's nice to see your other favorite posts. I am interested in your next quilt-along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to look back at your best posts of 2017! So many pretty projects and great memories to go with them, too! I'm excited for what 2018 will bring for you! Happy New Year with many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great achievements for 2017 Janice, your posts are always fun to read. I am definitely taking part in Jen and Jan's Mini Blog Hop for 2018, I had such a great time on the last hop I wouldn't miss it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you stitch in 2018. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the house quilts. Especially the ones with the quilts hanging on the line! Happy New Year! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this look back at your best of 2017, Janice! I especially loved going through the Quilter's Laundry Day gallery. So glad I got to participate in that blog hop! It's fun having that little quilt hanging on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post and I loved reading all your link backs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a year! Just imagine how productive 2018 will be! Happy New Ywpear! Stay safe, stay warm, stay sweet! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great list. The blog hop was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to see all these beautiful quilts again! You should be proud of what you accomplished this year, especially since you also built a whole new house :) Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finishes, your mystery quilt is awesome! Thanks for linking up and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've had some very fun finishes this year. I love your hearts with the floral prints. That quilt is on bucket list for the future. Looking forward to seeing what's going on in your new sewing room this year. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such fun finishes. I was also thinking of your big non-quilt finish--your beautiful home--and sewing room! It was fun to see you make the most of quilt making in tight spaces while waiting to move in. Such an exciting year for you! Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!