Sunday, January 7, 2018

Productive Day!

I think I've finally climbed out of a major mojo-missing-in-action phase and back into the land of the productive.  At least I did today.  I hope it continues!

I had the most fun day yesterday with my sister and niece who came over to make pillows.  I only see my sis a few times each year so I really enjoy it when she comes.  I let her and Cacey (my neice) shop my fabric stash and make pillows!  I don't know why I didn't think to take pictures of our day but I didn't!  I guess I'm not totally back in the blogging mode yet.  Well, it's probably just as well because Cacey didn't get hers all the way done and she wants to surprise her husband.  I'll show pictures when she gets them all done.

Today I finished up three bee blocks I needed to do.  The first one was for November's Bee and I finished one block in November as I was supposed to but then I never did finish the other one.  I don't know what my problem was because it was a very easy block.  My apologies, Paige for the extreme lateness of this block!  At last they are done and going out in the mail tomorrow along with some extra HST's and triangles for more HST's if you want them.  I also included extra background fabric in case you want to make the second block taller.


Then I worked on the block that was due in December for Emily.  I'm not quite as late for that one but STILL . . . late!  Ugh.  I hate missing due dates.  But it has made me more determined to keep up with next year's blocks. I mistakenly signed up for three bees in 2017 and did not make that mistake  this year.  Here is Emily's library book shelf block!
We were supposed to do a theme of some sort and my theme is color, and pattern!  Two things I really love.   The fat book that is leaning actually looks like some paper I have seen on vintage books before.  So Emily, here is my piece of bookshelf that I hope represents a little piece of me.  I am so looking forward to seeing all of your book blocks together.  There have been some very creative people who added things like microscopes and lamps.  I'm not that imaginative.

The third block I made was for Sharon.  She is the queen bee for January 2018 and I actually got my block done early for once!


What a good feeling to be caught up with my Bee hive commitments.  Now  I can start checking off some other things on my "want to get done" list.

Tomorrow, it's back to work for me and the start of a new semester at the University where I work.   Hope you have a wonderful week!

Linking to:
Oh Scrap!
Love Laugh Quilt
Main Crush Monday

17 comments:

  1. Welcome back, dear friend. Looking at the colorful pictures and lovely blocks, it appears to be an eventful time in your studio. Hope you are warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you came back to us! Hope your first week back goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice,
    Oh, I really love your book block. I have wanted to make one of those library/book shelves quilts and several of my friends have asked if I would make one. I'm sure your friend will just love it - even if it is a little late. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isn't easy staying caught up! A year is a long time having to stay focused, and with three bee's, yikes! Your caught up and that's always a good thing. Love the books!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for being caught up. Bees are something I haven't signed up for because I fear not meeting a commitment and disappointing someone. You did a great job tho! Happy New Year Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pillow making sounds like it was a great time. It's okay there are no photos -- it means you were having such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blocks Janice. Thanks for sharing them with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, goodness - you did three Bees at once! I did two one year and a QAL, and that's all I seemed to accomplish. Not again. I did learn lots of valuable sewing skills, though, and enjoyed receiving my blocks when it was my turn. Hope your sewing mojo stays in place. We'll get through January!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janice, I love it! It very much has your essence in it and it will be fabulous with the others!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! You did great, too! Love all your Bee blocks! I hope they helped to fan the flame! My daughter and SIL both went back to work last Thursday. He works at Tx State in San Marcos and she works at Alamo Colleges in San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You didn't take pictures of the pillow making because you were enjoying the moment. And that's a good thing. You have the pictures in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bee blocks look great, glad you got your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet that you got to sew with your sister and niece! That sounds like so much fun. You reminded me that I want to get some pillowcases stitched up and mailed out soon. Great bee blocks, too! You're right that the bookshelf one is "so you" :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Bee blocks. I still have Paige's and Emily's to do so you should feel better as you are not the last to get theirs done. I need to work on them this week. I started a couple weeks ago but you know how that story goes. I did 3 Bees last year, too, but only signed up for 2 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bee blocks are all so pretty. Those trees! I think all of us lose our sewing mojo sometime during the year. It can be especially hard to keep up during the holidays. Your sewing day with your family sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It has to feel good to get caught up with your blocks.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!